Do you think you get the required performance from dirty basketball shoes? The reply is No. Either you have the branded and expensive basketball shoes or cheap shoes, you must know How to clean your basketball shoes?
Cleaning basketball shoes are very easy to the understandable procedure. Either you want to clean it in any of the ways I describe below, you have to find the best way to clean basketball shoes. The cleanliness of the shoes is, directly and indirectly, proportional to your performance. Primarily the sole outer cleaning affects your grip on the court.
Table Of Contents
How To Clean Basketball Shoes? – 3 Working Method
There are three main methods of Basketball Shoes cleaning
- Basketball shoes cleaning by hand
- Basketball shoes cleaning by Component
- Basketball shoes cleaning by Washing Machine
Before going into its in-depth analysis of all the above, let’s discuss the general Cleaning instruction.
Basketball Shoes Cleaning By Hand
It is an old, effective way to clean your shoes.
- Clean the dirt with a soft dry fabric and remove all the mud attached to any surface of the shoes.
- If the dirt or mud didn’t clean with the soft dry cloth, use a special shoe nylon brush or the toothbrush for cleaning. Hopefully, in most cases, your basketball shoes have clean by this method.
- If the mud is hard and it didn’t remove by the above two steps, you can clean the basketball shoes with a normal PH gentle cleaning solution. You can prepare the clean solution on your own at home or buy from Amazon with some reliable shop by reading its review and rating of that basketball shoe cleaner solution. You can easily prepare it at home by the below step.
- Take water in a small bowl. The water should be warm.
- Add some drops of dishwashing liquid. You can use hand washing soap as well, but the result of dishwashing soap is better
- .Mix the Solution properly. It usually takes 2 to 3 minutes to make a homogeneous solution.
- Don’t Use any bleach, dilute acid, or harsh detergent.
- You can apply this Solution with the help of a soft cloth or a toothbrush. It would be best to squeeze the material or the brush a bit to avoid extra Solution.
- After Cleaning with the Solution, the last step is to wipe out the shoes with the help of a clean, soft dry cloth.
- It is recommended to dry the shoe moisture at the average room temperature with fan air. But if you don’t have enough time, you can use the hairdryer with normal temperature air, and air pressure is slow.
- The last step of this process is to store the shoes in a dry space. You first put the old paper in your basketball shoes so it can be in proper shape. You can use a cotton bag to store the shoes as well. Don’t forget to put a silica gel in the bag.
Basketball Shoes Cleaning By Component
This method is quite similar to the above form with some changes. Follow the below steps.
- Clean the shoes with a soft dry fabric.
- Take warm water in a bowl, add a small number of regular toothbrushes to it, and mix the toothpaste in water. Apply on the dirty shoes.
- You can apply the toothpaste directly with the help of a toothbrush.
- It has recommended to apply this solution or paste on the leather area, sideways, and outer sole.
- You can apply this solution to the upper portion of the shoes, either made with mesh or textile. Just squeeze the cloth or brush a little more for the basketball shoes upper. Before going for this step, put some paper or the old towel in your shoes so that internal shoes do not get wet.
- Clean the basketball shoelaces separately in the solution.
- Remove the inner sole. Use the solution with the help of the toothbrush to clean the inner sole. Make sure to dry them before putting them back in shoes. Otherwise, there will be an unpleasant smell.
- Drying and Store keeping is the same as per the first method.
Basketball Shoes Cleaning By Washing Machine
This is the simplest method, but it is highly recommended that you read the care instruction on washing basketball shoes.
If it has allowed by your shoemaker for the specific basketball shoe model, then you can follow the below step. In my view, it’s a bit risky to wash your shoes in the washing machine.
- Use the little warm water in the washing machine.
- Removed the shoelaces and the innersole.
- Put the shoes in the washing machine.
- Wait for 3 to 5 min so that the shoes has cleaned with a gentle and slow wash cycle.
- The air dryer of the washing machine has not recommended.
Generaal Cleaning Instruction Of Basketball Shoes
Basketball shoes cleaning frequency depend upon the way you use it and where you use it. For example, if you use the indoor court, then the recommended practice to clean the shoes is once a week. On the other hand, if you use them to play outdoor basketball, the frequency should be after one day of cleaning.
As soon s you clean your dirty shoes, it is easy to clean, and the life of the boots will also increase. You have to take an equation between shoe life and the cleaning frequency.
I am sure that you will get a detailed reply about how to take care of basketball shoes?.
In my view, method 1 is a very easy-to-use and precise method. You can apply this method to any basketball shoes. You can try all the above methods, and you can share your experience with me by commenting or by the contact us page. Lastly you must read the care instruction of any sports shoes before using it or before cleaning it. You may contact to basketball shoe supplier if this information in not present on shoes or on Shoe box.